Friday, November 9, 2012

A Few Fish of My Own





Hey Everybody,


The leaves have changed and the weather has cooled down. Every year around this time I start getting antsy. The itch to get outside is the worst it been all year. So when I get any free time I head up to one of the many trout streams and spend the day throwing craft supplies at fish.  I love it when I'm on the river in the fall. Seeing my breath in the air as I listen to the water rush over the rocks slowly stalking and walking the edge of the river with a warm cup of apple cider looking for long shadows on the bottom. I still get so excited on that first cast of the day and sometimes catch myself holding my breath on a cast that I'm almost certain will produce a fish any second. Although I'm not sure if I actually smile every time i set the hook and feel a fish on the other end I know for sure my heart does. I always thank every fish and release them back into the water for another angler to catch. Maybe a father with his son on his first trip to the river as I was so many years ago, or a beginner trying to figure out what all the rest of us are so obsessed with, or an old master who has cast more flies than I have ever tied. I guess I am and forever will be a trout bum. I do not care about the size of the fish I catch because, as I have said in the past, I just enjoy meeting every single one of them.





Wet Nets,
Lance

3 comments:

  1. Lovely trip report and beautiful fish! I love this weather we're having now all the way to next spring! Syd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some gorgeous fish to be certain. Nice photography as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pics and I agree, its the best time of year!

    ReplyDelete