Thursday, April 11, 2013

Fishing with Ray and Sonja

Hey Everyone,

Well I had the privilege of introducing two more people to the sport of tenkara. I met Ray at the store where he was looking for simple, small, and packable equipment for trout fishing in the back country. Well, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to mention tenkara to him. He was very intrigued so we set up a trip. I remembered his words "I want to get my wife hooked on it" that morning as I scouted some potential spots. Once they arrived I went over the simple setup and gave a quick casting lesson. I say quick because they both picked it up in about fifteen minutes. We geared up and headed to one of the spots that I had seen some trout holding. It wasn't long before I heard those famous words "I got one" as Ray pulled in a nice brookie to the net. It wasn't long before both of them had hooked up. I decided to work with Sonja a bit since she was left handed and was having to cast backhanded. I took it as a lesson as well since It helped me learn tricks for the next time I have a southpaw. I am happy to say that with very little instruction, Sonja was out-fishing her husband (which was the plan). I don't want to get too long winded but I want to add that at the end of the day Sonja came over to me and said "I'm hooked". It was a great day with two great people and if nothing else it was just a wonderful day to be on the water.














See you on the trail,
Lance

No comments:

Post a Comment